Sail are about to take on their first full time team member. As a start-up, we are a progressive studio and the valued addition will be a strong part of the culture and growth of our studio. We are built on strong values of social change—we don’t just create ‘nice work’, we create meaningful work, building movements that have real-world impact. We work across arts, cultural, non-profit and commercial sectors for progressive clients.
Our work encompasses graphics and identity, packaging, environmental, campaign, print and digital in an experimental, open and creative idea-led way.
We are looking for an energetic person that shares our values and passions of culture, curiosity and social change, with an awareness of the impact of considered design and communications. We have an excellent package available for the right candidate including an autonomous and experimental work environment, a place to grow, shared vision and competitive benefits.
Graphic Designer | Junior-Midweight | 35 hours per week | £17,000-£21,000 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- Open, transparent environment where everyone’s contributions are valued
- Two paid days off a year (yay days) to enjoy a cultural day
- 22 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Producing attractive branding, logos, campaigns and designs from concept to implementation
- Conceptual/creative problem solving
- Digital design
- Dealing directly with print suppliers
- Input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Print design, layout and artworking
- Monthly blog article on relevant subject of your choice
- Admin/project management skills
- Verbal and written client communication
- Create and deliver effective presentations
- BA in Art, Design or equivalent
- 1-2 years studio experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Able to verbalise ideas, reach appropriate yet engaging concepts, contextualising your creative journey
- Able to work collaboratively in a flexible environment under tight deadlines
- High-level knowledge of the CC Suite
- Knowledge of print production
- Branding design both technical and strategic: 1-3 years
- Strong typographic skills
- Socially and culturally aware of topical issues and an interest in the arts
- High degree of initiative to create work that contributes to clients and team projects
- Impeccable attention to detail in your general work, processes, presentations and written communication
- Sociable and willing to be part of a team: shared values, ethos and passion is key to Sail
- Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated and organised
- Sharp visual knowledge and a ‘worldly’ curiosity for experimentation
- Can do attitude
To apply please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working at Sail Creative, and what you would bring to this role.
Interviews held in January.